Thank you for your interest in joining the Mark of Excellence Staff for the 2024 season. Please complete each question in its entirety so that we may learn more about you and your previous work related experience. We pride ourselves in delivering a top-notch, first class experience at every event for every client.
Boutique - Event Staff will greet Studio Owners and families upon arrival at the event. Manage, restock, and sell merchandise during Mark of Excellence events all while delivering excellent Customer Service.
BackStage - Responsible for maintaining competition schedule, and checking in dancers upon their expected performance time. Maintain cleanliness of stage area and backstage area. Greeting and communicating with Studio Owners and Dancers throughout the event. Separating adjudicated awards to each dancer and studio throughout the event. Participating in distributing awards and placements during each awards ceremony.
MC - A positive and friendly disposition, a sense of humor, ad-lib skills, the ability to put people at ease and the ability to improvise. Anything can happen at an event, and an MC should be able to react quickly and deliver the best to our clients. Responsible for introduction to each event, announcing dancers on stage, management of online music software, announcement of awards and delivery of adjudications to dancers, studio owners, and families.
Audit - Must have a high level of organization and proficiency with data entry and spreadsheets. Work well under pressure during fast paced events. Requires extensive knowledge of computer and internet and intranet and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve. Training on our software will be provided.
- Incredible organization and efficiency
- Experience with Theater Stage Management
- Independent, practical, and driven
- Proactive and goal-oriented
- Complete tasks with positive attitude and purpose
- Show patience and poise in large crowds
- Able to finish tasks quickly
- Excellent Customer Service personality
- Knowledge of the dance competition industry preferred but NOT required
- Precise and excellent verbal and written skills
- Reliable in every aspect
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Punctual and deadline oriented
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Travel Qualification for Additional Event Staff applicants must be able and available to travel to all events by airplane from your home airport on Wednesday. Thursday or Friday and Return on Sunday or Monday following each weekend event.
- Flight, hotel, and transportation to and from the host city airport are planned, paid for, and booked by Mark of Excellence Talent.
- Event Staff are responsible for their own transportation to and from their home to their home airport.
- Failure to arrive at appointed times for travel may result in adjustment of compensation of travel expenses and possible termination.